Sunday, September 14, 2008

Half Marathon


On Saturday August 30,

I woke up at 5:30,


Strapped on my new running shoes,

and headed to Emigration Canyon.


The sun was slowly rising over the mountains,

There was a strong chill in the air

My stomach was filled with butterflies as I approached the 

Starting Line at the bottom of the Canyon.

Thirteen miles, 

I stretched out my chilled legs and patiently waited for the
 race to start.


Here are some pictures of the days event.
We started at the bottom of the canyon,  
the first two miles were all up hill.

The race was incredible, and the view was breathtaking!

I finished third in my age group 
and my overall time was 1 hour 51 min.
I was very proud of my accomplishment




Next race: Marathon

13 comments:

Whitney Kaye said...

Only you could pull of 3rd in a half marathon and still be gorgeous the whole time. I'm so proud of you!

Ana Steinagel said...

You're amazing. that's all.

Erin said...

Jess, not only did you run THIRTEEN freaking miles, you looked pretty awesome while doing it. Good work.

Also, I'm thinking of starting Provo High lunch at BYU one day a week. Let me know if you're into that.

Kar said...

Oh my heck Jess you are my hero. I sssoooo want to run a half or whole marathon. Heck, I would like to run 3 miles without being exhausted. You look gorgeous. How long did you train for this?

Becki R said...

Good job Jess! You are one tough girl!

Peter Ririe said...

Way to go! I am running a half marathon in Boise on Nov 1, but I guarantee it will not be that fast...this is more just for kicks since I'll only have 9 weeks to train. Let me know your advice, like how you kept you hair looking so dang good! I noticed you ran with a drink, is that helpful? I am clueless.

Peter Ririe said...

I just realized I am signed in as Peter. Umm..this is Kathleen, so don't be worried about the strange compliments from "Peter"

KimandJake said...

Good job!!! Remember how I was going to this? Ya...I chickened out. Congrats!!

Tiffany and Mike said...

Um...WOW! Third, that is awesome! I was thinking about running a half marathon during the Summer...I wonder what happened to that thought?:) Oh, and your hair is super cute!

erin said...

that is so awesome that you did that! you look amazing! so fit & skinny. it was so wonderful seeing you guys the other night. like the good old days.

Kelly said...

OH WOW! I am so proud of you. What acommplishment! WAY TO GO! Looken good as you did it!

Jamie said...

Wow that's really good... I can't even running around the Block without getting a side ache! So good job!

Lara said...

You babe you.
I have always wanted to be able to do a marathon.. but I can't think of anything that sounds harder! I don't think I could! (But maybe that in itself should be my motivation, right?)