Sunday, May 3, 2009

Week in Review

My first week in New York has been great!
We have done a lot of walking and discovering.
I have adjusted well to living in the I House, 
and am really enjoying being here.

I am having a hard time adjusting to the humidity, 
I am averaging at least two showers a day, 
and have kissed my straight hair goodbye!!

I am excited to start work tomorrow!


Here are some pics from the week,
(thanks go to Lindsay our group photographer!)


Fuss Ball tournament at the I-House Pub.
Can you feel the intensity



We enjoyed some delicious Arepas with Pat and Lindsay,
my favorite was beef and cheese!









We went to the Sony Wonder museum.
It was amazing, and I even got to try my skills 
as a news anchor.




We rode the Ferry to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
Both incredible sights, and take your breath away as you see and learn
about how the immigrants came across the ocean. 




5 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like a lot of fun!

Thanks for the invite.

Ana Steinagel said...

Jess, You said that you got to try being a news caster and the first thought that popped into my head was Dixon Morning Announcements. :) I hoipe you enjoy New York.

erin said...

soooooooooooooooooooooooooo flippin jealous!! hope you're first day went well.

Anonymous said...

wow! this is so amazing to watch you do this! I'm really really excited to hear all the updates! good luck :) I hope you aren't feeling too home sick...

Whitney Kaye said...

I'm glad it's going well. Can I have your address por favor?