Friday, December 7, 2007

Perfect Day




This is where our story began. . . . August 2, 2007. I have been ordering wedding pictures all week-for us and for Christmas presents. (That is the best thing about the first Christmas-you can give pictures out as gifts!) What an incredible day that was-the one day you truly feel like a princess-where everything goes right, and you feel flawlessly beautiful! All those months of stress and planning seem worth it! We got married in the Salt Lake Temple at 9:00 a.m., and then had a luncheon/reception with close family and friends at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. We had a band, dancing, and delicious food! It was like a fairytale! It is amazing how fast that day goes by-all of the sudden it is over! We had an open house the next weekend in my parents' backyard. So I got to wear my dress twice. There is something special about having your hair done, and putting on that white, lacy dress.



Adam has asked me on more than one occassion what the big deal is about a wedding dress. His words, "Why would you go spend so much money on something you are going to wear for one day, and never wear again?" Well, that is a great question, and one I don't have the perfect answer for. I don't know why the dress is so vital-but I do know, a wedding day would not be a wedding day without a beautiful dress. There is something about putting that dress on and you feel completely transformed.

Your wedding day is something that stays with you always, all those feelings of excitment and happiness as you begin your new journey. Aug. 2, will always be the day I began my new journey with my best friend. Someone who I can laugh with, cry with, and face all life's challenges with!! I feel very blessed to be married to such an incredible person, it has been four wonderful months so far-we have moments of frustration, but those soon melt away. Each day we are together becomes another perfect day.

No comments: