Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wow


Well, I regret for ever saying in my previous posts that my life up here in Rexburg
is uneventful, or slow paced.

These last three days have proved far otherwise!


Here is what my house looks like right now:

Here is what happened:
WeDeNsDaY:

Adam and I were coming home from work Wednesday night. It was raining outside and we were running from the car to our house. There is a hill that we have to go over to get to our apartment and while we were running and laughing Adam suddenly slipped and fell backwards-Smack on his head and back.

(The scene of the vicious fall)
He was knocked out due to the impact on his head, and he could not breathe because of the impact on his back and lungs. He finally tried to get up, with my help as he is gasping for air. I was beyond terrified, started crying as I helped him make our way up the stairs to our house.I checked for a concussion and would not let him go to sleep for the next hour.My super man brother Jon came over and made sure Adam was okay, and then stayed for an hour to make sure I was okay. Needless to say I did not get very much sleep that night constantly checking on Adam.


ThUrSdAy:

I got up to go to work around 7:20. I was late so was trying to quickly get ready when Adam called from the room telling me my phone has been going off. So I got my phone as I ran out the door and saw I missed two calls from home, and my brother has sent me two texts. I returned my Dad's phone call as I was getting in the car and he soon informed me that Jon was in the hospital. I freaked out, and was then told that he drove himself to the hopsital (what!) at 4 this morning because his stomach had been hurting all night. He had appendicitis and they were operating later that morning.



I ran back insid the house to get Adam who has up and dressed in 2 minutes and we were on our way to Madison Memorial Hospital. We spent the rest of the day there, making update phone calls, taking care of Jon, and talking to the Doctors. He went into surgery at 11:00 a.m. and was out of surgery by 1:30 p.m. My parents made the fabulous drive up from Provo and arrived around 6:15 p.m. We hung around to visit and then we headed home around 8, and went to dinner at Applebees at 9.


FrIdAy:


I took Adam to work at nine after another sleepless night and made a quick stop at the gym. Jon and my parents arrived at our house around 10. He was doing pretty well but was ready to be home and rest. Mom and I went to do some grocery shopping, and made a quick stop at her favorite place: Porters. We spent of the rest of the morning and early afternoon cooking, cleaning, and then have a business meeting with Dad. (save that for another post). I headed to work at 2:00-tired, emotionally exhausted, and just burned out!


We got home from work at 5:00, ordered some pizza, and spent the rest of the night watching basketball games. I finally got bored and went into our room and watched ENCHANTED! It was bliss! Then after the cute, cheesy love filled movie-I enjoyed my first night of sleep in three days!


Jon has been a wonderful patient! He is recovering great-walking around, and eating all kinds of yummy food! It is fun having him here with us!


The stinker invalid refused to sleep in our bed because he felt bad (he is naughty!)

so this is his bed!

4 comments:

The Red Crew said...

Adam nice work my man. Looks like you guys are having fun Idaho. Lets keep in touch.

Eric

Jenn said...

Jess-I hope this week goes better! Love ya!

erin said...

I hope Jon is feeling better.

Kar said...

Poor Adam. Knocked out. Poor Jon. Surgery. Poor you. Dealing with it all. I'm sorry dear. At least everything ended up OK and you got to see your parents.